AP Dozens of businesses — most of them chain restaurants — are offering freebies and deals today to those who have served, and are still serving, in celebration of Veterans Day. We’ve gathered up a few of the best offers.
Unless otherwise noted, these deals are restricted to veterans and active-duty military, and are available during business hours on Veterans Day. Most of these require some sort of proof, so visit the linked site to see what you’ll need to bring to prove your service.
• Applebee’s lets you choose one free entree off this special menu. Proof of service required.
• Chili’s also has a special menu from which veterans may choose one entree and eat for free.
• TGI Friday’s also offers a free meal, but it’s only valid during lunch; stop in between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. to get it. It’s restricted to certain items, but the special menu isn’t posted online.
• In what might be the best deal of the day, Denny’s will give veterans free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Starbucks (SBUX) offers a complimentary tall brewed coffee to current and former military members, as well as their spouses.
• Krispy Kreme (KKR), meanwhile, ups the ante by offering both a small coffee and a doughnut. You can show any form of military ID or even wear your uniform to get the freebie.
• Finally, here’s a non-food deal that you might find useful: Meineke is offering veterans free oil changes all day Monday.
Thanks to Coupon Sherpa, RetailMeNot, BeFrugal.com, and Freebie Finding Mom for bringing these various freebies to our attention.